Thursday, September 20, 2007

JOAN


Kneeling at my mother's bedside has become increasingly difficult. As I've shared before, my mother's breathing is strained with long pauses between breaths. She has apparently stopped eating and is no longer coherent when she tries to speak. All the signs and symptoms of her current state are discouraging, although I don't believe she's feeling internal pain. Some may feel writing such details and/or thoughts of mine on the internet for several to view is possibly ominous or to revealing to my mom's privacy, but since her diagnosis, my mom on occasion would call me and ask me to correct some detail or in some cases to elaborate further. I smile and chuckle at that, but then again its so typical of her. Her thoughts were that by sharing with others, it might help someone else in the future if they were to face this situation in their lifetime. I'm sure she is right!


5 comments:

AmyInSanDiego said...

Please give my Nina Joan a hug and a kiss for me. Please tell her it's from me. I love you all.

Cheryl said...

Thinking of all of you and sending up prayers.

With Much Love....

Chris and Bob said...

Oh my dear Joan. I will always remember your smile, your tenderness, your thoughtfulness, and your selflessness. I love you!!
Chris

Kerry said...

Thank you so much for your updates. We miss your mom so at our Women's group meetings. (Last night, Patty lit a candle for her.) Your blog helps to keep us close. It is such a blessing to us. May our prayers surround you. Hugs, Kerry Wood

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing with us. You are telling us the real story which is a blessing to us all. You are honoring your mother in a very special way. May all of our thoughts, prayers and love sustain you through these intense hours.
Love, Della